The Web Programmer supports the Web Services function and the Agency in total by bringing Lead Design input and Production together to illustrate compelling and cohesive proposals and eventual successful delivery. Ultimately translating client identity, project guidelines, brand and style guides into reality on time and budget without error. Success in this role relies on expert use of available web programming methods, technologies and the ability to translate prior experience into new wins in the agency environment.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Bring lead design input and production together to illustrate compelling and cohesive proposals
- Develop, test and launch code that will translate client identity, project guidelines, brand and style guides into reality on time, on budget and without error
- Be an expert user of available Web Programming methods & technologies; W3C standards, browser capabilities, user interface requirements, operating systems, site architecture, and web server hardware to ensure the team is working off the most recent standards and best practices
- Develop, test and launch code required to update or continually improve client accounts/sites maintained by the agency
- Communicate and as required escalate identified risks or realized failures
- Participate, and in some cases lead, team problem-solving efforts
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or other equivalent experience - required
- Demonstrated success working with object-oriented programming concepts - required
- History of expertise with relational database design - required
- Prior exposure to server-side scripting languages - required
- Demonstrated comfort operating in version controlled environments and with versioning software (Git) - required
- History leveraging design, validation and release processes to speed time to market and limit risks - required
- Proven excellence in analytics, mathematics and problem-solving - required
- History with CMS (Drupal or other open source CMS) - desired
- Prior exposure to mobile development best practice - desired
- History developing successful APIs - desired
- LAMP (or Windows) server management - desired
- Live It - What we do today matters most - Shine!
- Own It - Understand expectations, set up for success, give it your best effort and be accountable to the team - Win!
- Send It - Be hungry. Always look ahead. Don’t be afraid to fail. Win with pride.
- Appreciate It - Respecting the individual contributions of the team. Understanding the client. Rewarding open-mindedness.
Benefits & Compensation
- Be a part of an employee-owned company located in the Heart of the Adirondack mountains
- Competitive based salary & Incentive Compensation Structure
- Comprehensive medical, dental & life insurance plan
- Paid vacation, sick & personal days
- Paid holidays
Working Conditions & Physical Efforts
- Ability & willingness to travel <25% of time
- Intellectually intense, fasted paced and often changing environment
- Work is performed in an interior office or mobile work environment
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time while interfacing with a telephone and computer
- Requires employees have no restrictions operating a motor vehicle
- Requires employees have no restrictions on domestic or international travel
- This role requires limited physical effort and has limited exposure to physical risk
The duties and responsibilities, qualifications, physical conditions and other statements contained herein represent the current general nature of the job described, and are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. This job description does not limit in any way the assignments given to an employee in this role. Employees are expected to perform any and all duties (compliant, legal & ethical) assigned by the Company leadership, collaboratively and with the best intention of the customer and company.
Job posted in partnership with HR Resolved