The PR Manager & Content Curator will assume responsibility for researching, identifying and creating content and stories for all assigned clients; will actively promote all assigned PR clients; and will work with the larger creative team to identify and implement robust creative strategy as part of Adworkshop’s creative department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies new story angles
- Writes engaging and newsworthy press releases, pitches, media alerts and other communications, in addition to other press materials as needed
- Crafts compelling copy for a variety of additional digital scenarios, including, but not limited to, websites, paid social ads, email marketing campaigns, etc.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Contributes to client and internal strategy meetings.
- Fosters strong media relations through communications, facilitating media visits, and face-to-face engagement opportunities
- Fields calls and responds to media inquires
- Proactively coordinates interviews and places stories that effectively communicate the client’s positioning and core messages.
- Oversees timely distribution of all materials to targeted media; manages editorial calendars; and maintains the media contact database
- Establishes strong relationships with key colleagues in other teams to identify new integrated opportunities.
- Maintains and pursues new skill sets related to appropriate and effective use of the new PR including link building, article submission, social media and SEO PR.
- Keeps timely contact with retainer clients including bi-monthly report and meetings as necessary.
- Continues to develop writing skills that translate across different platforms (traditional PR, web, social, print, etc.)
- Coordinates and maintains project timing, follows budgets and monitors one’s time effectively, elevating questions and concerns to one’s supervisor.
- Assists with Agency advocacy by writing for releases, website content, social properties and other self-promotion activities & campaigns.
- A history of excellence in active research, listening, writing, story-telling and professionalism
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications or equivalent experience required
- Advanced Degree with leadership, business or communications focus desired
- 4 years history of professional success in communications
- Demonstrated success rapidly building and maintaining relationships